Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Taking It Home With Me

This was an EFY song but can also apply to me as I return home to Arizona. I hope to keep up the early to bed, early to rise pattern I started in Hong Kong. More importantly, I hope to keep being a missionary when I return home. Missionary work with Chinese people has always felt more natural/easy to me than with fellow Gwailos but I need to do better in this. I started off with a happy medium by helping invite a Chinese girl in Arizona to get to know the Church before I left Tempe and happily found out she was getting baptized a couple days after I returned from Hong Kong. Now I’m trying to help her transition to Church activity as she returns to her native land of Hong Kong. Before she goes we are having a last hurrah of fun at my family’s cabin with a bunch of friends from my singles ward. What would missionary work be without some partying mixed in?

3 comments:

Flora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flora said...

wah wah wah-- thats me right up there!! I read your old entries-- I should have told u the floating boat restaurant have really VERY BAD food! Oh I am sorry for that-- yeh no HongKonger like to go there..

Ryan said...

Yale, i've looked at your blog for a while now - it brings back great memories of Hong Kong! thanks for taking the time to post your experiences (and pictures!).

Ryan Layton